Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fuji and basketball.





So about two weeks ago I climbed Mt. Fuji. It took us (me, janet, mark, and elizabeth) 4 hours and 10 minutes to reach the top. As you're climbing you think to yourself,"I will never do this again." Everybody says that. But low and behold as we were in the car driving home I thought to myself, "I could do that again. Darn it!!!" Maybe later though.

Then one week ago me and some friends got tickets to see the 3rd and 4th place games of the FIBA world championship games in Saitama, Japan. We got to see America play Argentina. It was a great game. They were neck-in-neck for most of it, but in the end America pulled ahead. Awesome game. We yelled, screamed, and made friemds with the Japanese surrounding us by coinning the phrase, "U.S.A. Gambare!" Which means, "Come on U.S.A., you can do it, keep fighting!" Fun times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Did you get on the big screen? How 'bout the boys?

Anonymous said...

Nope. :( none of us got on the big screen. We would have if we'd have had a flag.
Distressing, really. But we did have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Those are great shots, Honey! Do you have any pictures of the view from the top of the mountain?
I love to read your 'journaling' on your blog.
XXOO
The Mom

Anonymous said...

Japan! Holy Roboto! It looks like you're doin big things though. I'm glad to see you're happy. I've been wondering how and where you were. If you catch this write me an e-mail sailmaker777@hotmail.com. It'd be good to hear from you.

Rusty and Rachel said...

Good job on climbing Fuji...that dirty, dirty mountain. By the way, in the picture at Fuji is the guy standing over your shoulder in the top right, uhm, doing number 1? Typical Japanese man. Gotta love the weak blatters of Japanese men:).